photo credit lauren desberg
Adventure and collaboration are at the heart of violinist Clara Kim’s multi-faceted career as new music performer, chamber musician, and educator.
By commissioning, premiering, and championing works from living composers, she has quickly established herself at the forefront of her generation in the interpretation of contemporary music.
I have a huge passion for helping others achieve their goals. Are you interested in maximizing your practice time and understanding the tools for successful performance?
2019-2020 Season Highlights:
- Argus at Lincoln Center’s Great Performers Series (NYC, NY)
- Duo recital with pianist Angela Kim at Spectrum (Brooklyn, NY)
- Argus at Washington Performing Arts (Washington, D.C.)
- Argus at the Morgan Library (NYC, NY)
- Switch Ensemble in residence at Frost School of Music, University of Miami (Miami, FL)
Summer Faculty 2020:
- Interlochen Violin Institute (Interlochen, MI)
- Juilliard Nord Anglia Summer Performing Arts (Shanghai, China)
- Composer’s Conference (Boston, MA)
- Greenwood Music Camp, Junior (Cummington, MA)
The Covid-19 Pandemic has been heartbreaking to the globe, to our cities, and to the music community. Like most of us, I miss live performances, I miss talking to audience members, I miss the energy of it all. Still, I have felt an incredible surge of community and support through emails, donations, and happy hours – what an amazing time to come together more than ever.
There will be a time when it all returns, but until then, I am offering composers consultations, workshops, and the opportunity to create with me virtually for free or by donation. My hope through this service is to continue connecting with other inspiring artists, to continue the act of creation, and to continue serving music through performance.
Be well and stay safe.
The new violin and piano duo 48 Saint Stephen is an adventurous ensemble interested in creating connections across a wide range of repertoire. A large part of our mission is dedicated to working with living composers towards unified programs and meaningful projects.